Windows 8 Consumer Preview and Chat Plugin

Mike Norton

May 16, 2012, 12:39:32 PM5/16/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
I so LOVE this app but I seem to be running into a little hitch. In Win 7 it works just fine, but when I log into my Win 8 Preview I get the message about a newer version of the talk plugin needed. Is this an issue with 8 being not supported yet or that the plugin is still needing to be rolled out to 8? And if so, does anyone know where to get the newer one and force it onto 8?

Thanks.

M. Tolxdorff

May 16, 2012, 1:57:11 PM5/16/12
to Hangout Apps by Moritz Support on behalf of Mike Norton
Try this one: http://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/googletalk/googletalkplugin/2.9.8.7308/googletalkpluginaccel.msi

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Hangout Apps by Moritz Support on behalf of Mike Norton <hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I so LOVE this app but I seem to be running into a little hitch. In Win 7 it works just fine, but when I log into my Win 8 Preview I get the message about a newer version of the talk plugin needed. Is this an issue with 8 being not supported yet or that the plugin is still needing to be rolled out to 8? And if so, does anyone know where to get the newer one and force it onto 8?

Thanks.

Moritz Tolxdorff  |  Linux Administrator  |  Essen, Germany