Logo is messed up

Chip Rodgers

Sep 20, 2012, 11:36:35 AM9/20/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
You guys just updated the app, but now the logo is overlapped on the text and doesn't work!

Bummer, I was just going to use it for a Hangout on air, but have to take off the logo.

Can you fix?

M. Tolxdorff

Sep 21, 2012, 9:36:30 AM9/21/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
Try to use a square logo. Logos which are wider then high are overlapping the text.
As a workaround you can just type in some blank spaces before your name and tag line.

Chip Rodgers

Sep 22, 2012, 6:04:21 PM9/22/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, well, that's better, but really a kluge.  The previous version put the logo image on the far right side which was perfect.  Now, the logo goes on the far left side and text overlaps the logo.  It doesn't work as well on the left side and the text overlap is just a bug.

I'd rather have the previous version with fewer colors but with the logo working!

Chip

Alexei Rivera

Oct 2, 2012, 8:28:23 PM10/2/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com
I would suggest if you have a wide logo to edit it and add transparent space on the top and bottom of it to make it square then save it in PNG or other ways to preserve the transparency. That way your logo will work correctly.

I for one like the constant updates to the Lower Thirds and notice its much stabler now and changes quickly without problems with the overlay being delayed or other such problems. Keep up the good work! =)

ali matallah

Oct 31, 2012, 5:31:33 AM10/31/12
to hangout-apps-by...@googlegroups.com