Question: BAD TERMINATION occurs while semi-stochastic initialisation

Zihan Lin

Sep 12, 2022, 10:26:15 PM9/12/22
to HANDE users
Following photos show my input file and output file. I wonder why this error happens.

PS Intel MPI is used, and there is nothing in the standard error output.

input file.png

output file.png

Alex Thom

Sep 19, 2022, 12:19:57 PM9/19/22
to hande...@googlegroups.com
Dear Zihan,
If you can send me a copy of the Li8.FCIDUMP file as well I can try some debugging.  Does it work without MPI?
Alex

william.zeller...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2022, 11:55:02 AM9/20/22
to HANDE users
Zihan,

My guess would be that the calculation ran out of memory.
You can try lowering the state_size to -1100, as well check the resource usage of the calculation and compare with the available resources of the computer.

Will

Zihan Lin

Oct 2, 2022, 11:51:15 PM10/2/22
to HANDE users
Thanks a lot for your advice. I'm testing whether inappropriate memory caused the error. By the way, the job using the same memory without semi-stochastic(i.e. i-FCIQMC) ran successfully, so I wonder if there's any notes for setting semi-stochastic.

Zihan Lin