Re: [HB-L] Digest for handbell-l@googlegroups.com - 5 updates in 1 topic

bfin...@yahoo.com

Nov 2, 2022, 9:20:49 AM11/2/22
to Digest recipients
We just had Jason Krug for our Texas Baptist handbell festival and he did a great job.  The evaluations from the ringers, afterwards, were excellent.  He was easy to work with and very well prepared.  He will be great if you can get him...

On Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 09:38:18 PM CDT, <handb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Chris Peck <chris...@gmail.com>: Nov 01 07:03PM -0500

Hi,
I hope this works. I've only read these posts and not actually written one.
I am the new Area 8 Chair and am looking for recommendations for men and
women mass ringing directors for our 2024 festival.

I am particularly looking for directors who are easy to work with, are
flexible, are enjoyed and appreciated by ringers, and who know what they're
doing in front of 200 ringers.

Please respond to me here or to my email address:
chair...@handbellmusicians.org

Thanks,
Chris Peck,
Chair, Area 8
THOMAS SIMPSON <ftsi...@aol.com>: Nov 01 05:11PM -0700

Easy to work with AND flexible?

That knocks out like 80% of the people on this list.

🤣🤣🤣

Thomas

Charles Peery <cep...@earthlink.net>: Nov 01 05:17PM -0700

Wait. I’d see more of a conflict between “knows what to do in front of 200 people” and “flexible” than between the two things you listed.
I know I’m setting myself up here. HAHA
Chuck in Palm Springs

Brian Seemann <bseem...@gmail.com>: Nov 01 08:45PM -0400

My strong suggestion is to make an effort to find younger/newer names.
There are a ton of great younger conductors in the handbell world who are
more than capable of leading mass ringing events, but don't often get the
chance as everyone reaches for the same top 5 names.

Also, maybe an unpopular opinion, but there is often a difference between
great composer and great conductor. Just because their name is on a lot of
music, does not always mean they are a good teacher/conductor.

--
Brian Seemann

Jason Krug <ja...@jasonwkrug.com>: Nov 02 01:33AM

I'd also suggest talking to other area chairs and organizers of long-running festivals for suggestions (both of whom to have and whom not to have). Some smaller regional and state festivals have been running for years and those organizers and frequent attendees will have seen a large number of clinicians. (Plus, with smaller festivals, they may, as Brian suggested, have had some less-well-known clinicians and can give you opinions on them.)

Jason

________________________________

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022, 8:04 PM Chris Peck <chris...@gmail.com<mailto:chris...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi,
I hope this works. I've only read these posts and not actually written one.
I am the new Area 8 Chair and am looking for recommendations for men and women mass ringing directors for our 2024 festival.

I am particularly looking for directors who are easy to work with, are flexible, are enjoyed and appreciated by ringers, and who know what they're doing in front of 200 ringers.

Please respond to me here or to my email address: chair...@handbellmusicians.org<mailto:chair...@handbellmusicians.org>

Thanks,
Chris Peck,
Chair, Area 8

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com<mailto:handb...@googlegroups.com>
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com<mailto:handbell-l%2Bsub...@googlegroups.com>

Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

JOHN A ZEIEN

Nov 2, 2022, 10:16:45 AM11/2/22
to handb...@googlegroups.com
We have had many wonderful clinicians over the years here in Florida. Our most recent leader (2022) was Stephanie Rhoades. My ringers (of all talents) loved her!

Joyce Miller

Nov 2, 2022, 12:13:21 PM11/2/22
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Jason is a great director. I highly recommend him. He is also a good friend.
Joyce

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 2, 2022, at 8:20 AM, 'bfin...@yahoo.com' via Handbell-l <handb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/handbell-l/849554672.2514166.1667395245150%40mail.yahoo.com.