National seminar

Ken and Linda Lamb

Jun 15, 2021, 1:44:38 PM6/15/21
to Handbell-L
Has anyone figured out the best way to get from the PHX airport to the hotel?  Oh for the days when we arranged a group van ride from the seminar web site...

Thanks,
Linda Lamb

David Engle

Jun 15, 2021, 3:31:52 PM6/15/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Linda, there is a limo service that the hotel recommends (Brandon BTS), that provides rides to the hotel. I spoke with him earlier this year to see about costs - At that time he estimated  $112.00 for a one way trip.  H indicated that he could take 2 and possibly 3 people in the cars that he uses and they can share the cost, At the time that i was checking the Super Shuttle was not coming out to Glendale but I see that it is listed as available at PHX again. I will check again and post the rates.

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

mon...@mjsterncpa.com

Jun 15, 2021, 6:37:26 PM6/15/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, this hotel is a long way from the airport. The bus will be the cheapest, but is a two hour hot ride.  The hotel doesn’t have a shuttle. Light rail doesn’t run that far west.

https://www.valleymetro.org/trip-planner/Phoenix%20Sky%20Harbor%20International%20Airport%20(PHX),%20East%20Sky%20Harbor%20Boulevard,%20Phoenix,%20AZ,%20USA/33.4372686/-112.0077881/9495%20West%20Coyote%20Boulevard,%20Glendale,%20AZ,%20USA/33.5319056/-112.26355/2021-06-15/12:43/depart/trips/1?time_zone=America%2FPhoenix&alternatives=true&units=imperial&transit_routing_preference=

Probably best to find someone to share a rental car or Uber of Lyft with.

Monica J. Stern, CPA

Monica J. Stern, CPA, PLLC

11225 N. 28th Drive, Suite A-100

Phoenix, AZ 85029

602-674-8226

602-674-8248  fax

Linda Lamb

Jun 15, 2021, 6:37:39 PM6/15/21
to Handbell-L
Super Shuttle sounds better that $112 any day.

Thanks, Dave.

Anyone else with ideas?

LL

David Engle

Jun 15, 2021, 9:23:09 PM6/15/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Blue Van Shuttle service can do the trip for $34.50 for a single rider with a $9.00 rate for additional riders. So a shared ride could be around $22.00 per person + tip. The ride needs to be scheduled in advance, so riders need to coordinate arrival times and terminal locations.

If reservations are not made the rate doubles to $69.00 + $9.00 for additional riders.

Looking for others.

David

Tintabulations Handbell Ensemble

Jun 15, 2021, 11:24:22 PM6/15/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
The Light Rail costs $2.  Taking the Light Rail from the airport, getting off at the Glendale station and Ubering the last 10 miles is an option.

mon...@mjsterncpa.com

Jun 16, 2021, 5:41:00 PM6/16/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Be aware that we have two airports.  Sky Harbor is the main one and is closest to the hotel.  Mesa Gateway airport is at least 30 miles farther away.

Just an FYI