Re: Taps

Jay Jay

Aug 17, 2021, 9:43:41 AMAug 17
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link the easiest music I know of for Taps.  Pay careful attention to tempo and rhythm--the rhythm printed here isn't what a lot of people think of when they hear Taps.  This music is also written in B-flat (for trumpet or bugle) so you may want to transpose it for handbells.

I rang this on Memorial Day Monday in my local cemetary as part of Taps Across America...incredibly moving music, despite it's simplicity!

Jim Costilow
Apex, NC

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021, 10:38 PM <handb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
JOHN A ZEIEN <jze...@bellsouth.net>: Aug 16 01:30PM -0400

Hello Friends
With September 11 close, I am wondering if anyone knows of a simple arrangement of Taps.

Thanks

Leslie Zeien
Miami, Fl.

<long...@aol.com>: Aug 16 12:11PM

I have   san...@hrgb.org.uk Kath
Ellie Hodder <ellieho...@gmail.com>: Aug 16 06:56AM -0700

Thanks, Kath. E

On Mon, Aug 16, 2021 at 5:11 AM longwalk3 via Handbell-l <

--
Ellie Hodder
• Director of Music Ministries, Murray Hills Christian Church

503-730-9311 cell/txt

Ann Wood

Aug 17, 2021, 11:40:24 AMAug 17
to Handbell-L
I assume you're wanting to do it on handbells!  A soloist could do it from a table or a belltree or 4-in-hand (there are only 4 notes in the tune).  If you want a choir to play it, I'd suggest a singing bell major chord in the key you're playing in under the tune (which could be on bells or chimes).  I found lots of sources online for a free copy of the tune.  The standard key is Bb major, but since it's normally played on a trumpet or bugle, much of the music is in C (because those instruments transpose).  Hope this helps.
Ann Wood