Music for Six Ringers

Paul Kinney

Sep 27, 2021, 10:46:36 AM9/27/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
I went looking for music for six ringers and didn’t find something useful for my group.

I say six ringer and not 12 bells because my ringers can change bells for accidentals and extra bells that extend the range (in music written with extra bells and free hands in mind). This is also different from sextet music where each ringer is playing solo style.

I looked in Jeffers and a great deal (perhaps all) of their 12 bell music is in books. I don’t need six pieces for Christmas, I need one.

They don’t seem to have a good way to search for six-ringer music that isn’t 12 bell.

I am reminded again why I’ve been writing all of my group’s music in the last two years. We’re six ringers and just now getting into level 2. I took a break from composing, thinking the group would take a while to learn my latest piece, but they suddenly caught on and will be ready before I can get the next one written.

Any suggestions on music for six ringers that are just now getting comfortable with eighth notes? Pieces appropriate for Thanksgiving are a plus – we’ve already done Come, Ye Thankful People and Now Thank We All Our God (yeah, I know about Give Thanks, but that’s too syncopated for them right now and is under copyright).

Paul Kinney
Redford Aldersgate UMC
Redford, MI

Lee G.Barrow

Sep 27, 2021, 10:51:43 AM9/27/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
From the Top music has published my version of "Noel We Sing" for 6 ot
7 ringers which uses three octaves of bells.

https://fromthetopmusic.com/product/noel-we-sing/

Lee G. Barrow

On 9/27/21 10:49 AM, Lee G. Barrow wrote:

> From the Top music has published my version of "Noel We Sing" for 6 ot
> 7 ringers which uses three octaves of bells.
>
> https://fromthetopmusic.com/product/noel-we-sing/
>
> Lee G. Barrow

J.-C. Coolen

Sep 27, 2021, 2:30:50 PM9/27/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Paul, have you explored 2 octave choir music? If you have a ringer that could do C6-F6, and one of your other ringers could cover the G6, I think you might be in business...

In the Jeffers Music Selection Assistant, select 2 octaves in one of the Octaves settings (first section, three different types of options), then play with the Level and Season settings to narrow the scope of the search result set down a bit...

Hope this helps!

jc

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

THOMAS SIMPSON

Sep 27, 2021, 4:15:20 PM9/27/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Wait for it.

Wait for it.

FTS

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 27, 2021, at 11:30 AM, J.-C. Coolen <jcco...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

 Paul, have you explored 2 octave choir music? If you have a ringer that could do C6-F6, and one of your other ringers could cover the G6, I think you might be in business...

long...@aol.com

Sep 27, 2021, 11:18:15 PM9/27/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Paul. I have a few written for 6 ringers (that I later expanded for more ringers)

Hornpipe and Dance  L1 - mallets and echoes  RE3005123

Matinata 1 & 2 -   L2-   8th notes within positions, great for beginners.   RE230312
Morning Song L2-  same piece, but in 2 more keys to adjust to your ringers needs.  RE2303AB

Down by the Riverside, L2-  2 slightly different arrangements in one folio - pick the one that suits your group the best.  There is marting and clapping involved!  RE3004AB

Kath Wissinger