Re: [HB-L] Digest for handbell-l@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

Bill Ingram

Nov 2, 2021, 10:00:04 AM11/2/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Way to go Paul!

Bill Ingram

281-731-4193 cell

On Monday, November 1, 2021, 09:38:12 PM CDT, handb...@googlegroups.com <handb...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

"Paul Kinney" <bel...@comcast.net>: Nov 01 10:21AM -0400

My small bell choir includes a mother and son, Cathy and Colin. This is their third year ringing bells. As is the case with many teenagers Colin caught onto bells quickly. So last winter I suggested he learn to ring solo. About the time he started learning his third, this time more than a hymn tune, his mother said she wanted to learn a duet to play with her son. So I worked up an arrangement of the simplest hymn she suggested.

For the first part of the summer I taught Cathy how to solo ring in one room while coaching Colin in his third solo in another room. After he performed it they worked together on the duet. They did an excellent job when they performed it Labor Day weekend. The pastor has now posted a video of their performance.

Since then the arrangement, This is My Father’s World, has been accepted for publication by From the Top. They say it is perfect for beginning small ensemble ringers.

You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdWPGrhB3TE

And eventually buy copies to play it yourself.

Paul Kinney
Redford Aldersgate UMC
Redford, MI
Barbara Brocker <bfbfb...@gmail.com>: Nov 01 08:53AM -0700

Kidos, Paul Kinney! That's what it's all about - starting with where your
people are. Well done!

Linda Mckechnie <lindamc...@sbcglobal.net>: Nov 01 09:28AM -0700

Paul
They are blessed to have you and especially help them with their music. This is something that they will remember forever !

Sent from my iPhone

Gail Girard

Nov 2, 2021, 12:22:21 PM11/2/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Paul for posting the duet you arranged.  We need more simple duets for ringers to learn on.  I will be watching for when this gets ready to be sold!

VeryStormyWind

Feb 26, 2022, 11:49:11 AM2/26/22
to Handbell-l
I just looked again and can not find your published duet.  Am I just not finding it?  If it is out there, can you give me a link?  Thank you!  Gail