HMA job opportunity question

Barbara Kenny

Mar 13, 2024, 10:50:40 AMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Monday, I asked a question on the HMA website Contact Us form regarding how to submit a position announcement for the Job Opportunities. As of this morning, I have heard nothing.

I did post the position announcement here and on the Area 3 website classifieds.

Any suggestions regarding how to post it on the HMA site?

Thanks for any assistance,
Barbara Kenny
First UMC
Salem VA

Joyce Miller

Mar 13, 2024, 11:01:08 AMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
If I were not a teacher in NE I would apply in a heartbeat as my daughter lives in Virginia. 😢

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 13, 2024, at 9:50 AM, Barbara Kenny <bke...@fiberpipe.net> wrote:
>
> Monday, I asked a question on the HMA website Contact Us form regarding how to submit a position announcement for the Job Opportunities. As of this morning, I have heard nothing.
> --
> Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
> Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

Barbara Robinson

Mar 13, 2024, 12:46:59 PMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ms. Kenny,

I did receive your inquire about a director so I see know problem with it coming through on their web page.

I will keep in mind to pass along. Most I know do not have a BA they are volunteers who once played and now direct. Also, I may have missed in reading but you didn’t mention how many octaves handbells/chimes you have? How many choirs does it involve and if children at what age do you start? At what services( traditional or Contemporary are they expected to play?

Thanks,
Barbara Robinson
Chancel Ringers NJ
Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 13, 2024, at 10:50 AM, Barbara Kenny <bke...@fiberpipe.net> wrote:
>
> Monday, I asked a question on the HMA website Contact Us form regarding how to submit a position announcement for the Job Opportunities. As of this morning, I have heard nothing.

Michele Sharik

Mar 13, 2024, 12:56:23 PMMar 13
to Handbell-L Handbell-l
Hi Barbara — That’s probably in my inbox waiting for me to do. (I’m the person behind websu...@handbellmusicians.org.)

Sorry I haven’t gotten to it yet; Lent is a busy time for me. I am planning to get to it either tomorrow or Friday, when I have time blocked off to do that sort of thing.

Thanks for your understanding!

-Michèle Sharik
very part time web support person for HMA

Barbara Kenny

Mar 13, 2024, 1:09:48 PMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Michele.  I totally understand about being busy right now.

Barbara

Barbara Robinson

Mar 13, 2024, 1:58:43 PMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michelle,
No problem.  I’m sure it’s busy with Easter early this year.  Gave a good day!
Barbara Robinson

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2024, at 1:09 PM, Barbara Kenny <bke...@fiberpipe.net> wrote:

Thank you, Michele.  I totally understand about being busy right now.

Barbara Kenny

Mar 13, 2024, 5:18:32 PMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Good questions.

BA degree clarification: We prefer a Bachelor’s Degree, but if not, the individual needs to have proof of years of experience and a strong background in leading bell choirs.

Handbells:
We have newly refurbished 4 1/2 octaves of Schulmerich handbells and 4 octaves of Malmark handchimes.

Choirs: We are working on rebuilding the children, youth and adults following the pandemic. Last fall we had children and adults, both small groups. This spring, without a director, we have a small group of dedicated adults.
The starting age for children is sort of up to the director. Our previous director had a kindergartener that was very interested and his Mom was his pointer. A year later he progressed to playing without the pointer.

Service type: Bells play in the traditional service, but the contemporary service welcomes us and enjoys it anytime we play, so we can play in both.

Barbara Kenny
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/handbell-l/8626C77E-6C39-4982-BF98-C1C250EDCF4E%40gmail.com.

Barbara Robinson

Mar 13, 2024, 6:41:08 PMMar 13
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the quick reply and classification of what you are looking for. I will pass along, but it will mean a move for anyone interested.

Thank you again.
Barbara

Sent from my iPhone