A program for practicing bells at home

Mark Goldstein

Mar 8, 2024, 4:12:52 PMMar 8
to Handbell-l
Hi All,

I'm new to the group but have been ringing for some time. I've just become interim director of our church ensemble and have created an odd little program (DingThing) to help beginning players practice at home without bells, always a problem. It assigns four bells to the computer keyboard: the Tab and Return keys for primary L+R, and the other alpha keys (split down the middle) ring secondary bells for each hand.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 12.55.25 PM.png

You can download a zip file containing a MacOS version here:

 I'd like to know if anyone finds it useful.

Thanks,
-Mark

P.S. There are instructions in the readme file how to get past the Mac security hurdles to open an app from an unknown developer (moi).

Mark Goldstein

Mar 13, 2024, 5:40:31 PMMar 13
to Handbell-l
I've uploaded a version of DingThing that runs on PCs. You can get it here:

In oder to use it, you'll need to download the Max musical environment. Instructions are in the readme file.

To Ding's the Thing!
-Mark