Bronze-level Ringers Needed

Fred Gramann

Mar 5, 2024, 3:27:10 AMMar 5
to handb...@googlegroups.com

We are looking for a few bronze-level ringers to fill vacancies at the Bay View Week of Handbells this summer from August 12-16. If you know of someone who might be interested, please send them my way. Information about the event is available here: https://weekofhandbells.com/2024-information/

Many thanks,

Fred Gramann

grama...@gmail.com

SPTVtattoowarrior

Mar 5, 2024, 3:28:22 AMMar 5
to handb...@googlegroups.com
I would certainly love to be considered  to come back to Bayview. ;-)

Barb Silvey
Area 10 Chair
Bass Bell Lover

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

Judy Phillips

Mar 6, 2024, 11:43:31 AMMar 6
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Fred,

I can't believe that Bay View has openings in March!  One of the reasons I have not come in recent years is the big scramble to sign up, and that things filled up so fast.  I could be interested in coming this year.  What spots are open?  I'm directing so much these days that I don't get to play, and it would be a real treat.  I don't play 4ih well enough for the event, but would be good pretty much anywhere else.  I generally prefer bass, but mostly I just love to ring.  I have a couple of folks from my bronze-level choir who might be interested, as well.  I'll see if they might be available.  Looking forward to hearing from you--

🙂  Judy Phillips

Larry and Judy Phillips
ljphi...@msn.com

Mar 7, 2024, 1:41:30 AMMar 7
to Handbell-l

Hello Judy,

Thank you for your reply. I'll get back to you at your private email address. As the registration process for the Bay View Week of Handbells starts in November with applications for Position Coordinators and the "Deep Pit", continues in December with the selection of ten new ringers and several young adult scholarship winners, and finishes on January 1st with an alumni lottery selection process, it's normal that we get cancelations, still being seven months out from the event. Due to this year's International Symposium which overlaps with Bay View, we lost a number of our regulars, with only three on the waiting list. Thus I'll be busy recruiting replacements as positions become available.

What's exciting about the BVWOH this year? We'll be doing a memorized piece composed for the event with the 108 ringers spread out in five locations in the hall. We'll also premiere a newly commissioned piece by Bill Payn, accompanied by a video. Every event has its unique selling points. For the BVWOH it's the amazing Chautauqua community in which it takes place, the brilliant concert hall performance space, and a built-in audience of around 600 listeners. It is my hope that more handbell musicians will make their way to northern Michigan to experience this event.

Fred Gramann