Handchimes

Owen Joyce

Jan 3, 2024, 11:37:12 PMJan 3
to Handbell-l

Hello! My group is searching for handchimes sooooo bad. We have a 3 octave set of old dusty Suzuki tone chimes that I’d kill to get rid of. Anyway, long story short, we got scammed out of 7+ thousand dollars when selling an old set of bells on eBay. So now we have zero money to buy new 🤩🙄

I’ve been searching for donations, or even someone selling chimes for a lower price then what they would cost new… Looking for 3 to 5 octaves, preferably Schulmerich. Can anyone help? Email me at owenj...@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Fred Gramann

Jan 4, 2024, 10:44:15 PMJan 4
to Handbell-l
Hello Owen,
Have you considered a crowdfunding campaign which facilitates donations? Given that option I would gladly contribute a small amount as would others I think. Otherwise you might give the option to donate a chime in honor or memory of someone. We did that at one point to enlarge a set of handbells and had so many offers we expanded our goal.
Best,
Fred
(I’ll be watching for the crowdfunding option)😉

Ellie Hodder

Jan 4, 2024, 10:52:05 PMJan 4
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Owen. How about getting a little help from your friends? Are there churches, schools, community ensembles who’d crowdfund by sharing a friend funded 45 minute concert to raise those funds? Shared mailing lists, shared love of handbells and shared caring for our neighbors might put those chimes in your hands really fast! If you’re in Oregon, let me know. I’m in!! Ellie

Ellie Hodder
• Director of Music Ministries, Murray Hills Christian Church
www.murrayhills.org
• Artistic Director, Pacific Ringers
pacificringers.org
Portland, Oregon
• Clinician/Teacher
• Handbell Musicians of America, Area 10 Treasurer
are...@handbellmusicians.org
• Senior Chime Choirs for Independent Living Retirement Communities

503-730-9311 cell/txt

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

Dominique Moreau

Jan 8, 2024, 10:41:33 AMJan 8
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Owen,

I may have a lead - just waiting to see if they are willing to ship. 4 octaves Schulmerich.

--
Post: handb...@googlegroups.com
Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

Dominique Moreau, EAO (Il/He)
enseignant d'arts visuels, d'art dramatique et d'études sociales
directeur musical de l'Harmonie Intermédiaire
entraîneur de Kin-Ball
École publique Gisèle-Lalonde

École secondaire publique Gisèle-Lalonde
500, boulevard Millénnium  |  Orléans (Ontario) K4A 4X3
T  613-833-0018  |  F   613-833-3030

Le présent courriel contient des renseignements destinés uniquement à l'entité nommée dans le message.

Si la personne qui lit ce message n'est ni celle à qui le message est destiné ni celle qui est responsable de le livrer au destinataire prévu, vous êtes formellement avisé qu'il est strictement interdit de lire, divulguer, distribuer ou copier ce message. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez nous en informer par retour de courriel et supprimer le message original.