New version of Finale

Derek Hakes

Nov 29, 2021, 9:56:37 AM11/29/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Hello;

I’ve been thinking about doing a serious upgrade from my old version of Finale 2014 to Finale 27. For those of you who have already done so, what is it about the new version you really like or appreciate? For those of you like me who are still holding out, what’s keeping you from upgrading?

Hoping all is well;
Derek Hakes
Carmel, Indiana

Sent from my iPhone

Mary Clark

Nov 29, 2021, 12:31:22 PM11/29/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Derek Hakes,
I'm up to date on Finale. Actually, everything is fine for what I do, except the stuff they changed that was easier then than now.
For example, I used to put a rest in place of a note by merely clicking the note again. Now I have to Shift Click, which means either using two hands or contortions with the right hand. (Yes, contortions! when one is a bit arthritic!!)
Why oh why?! 😫
There are a couple of other things like that -- I'm not on Finale at the moment so can't remember exactly what. But they take two hands or contortions with the right hand. Oh, using Back instead of Delete is another change.
I'll never understand why something that worked is changed in almost everything one does with a computer as one upgrades.
Also, I find that googling the answers produces all sorts of opinions from people who do it this way, or that way, or another way. it becomes a search process, which takes time.
You all may be laughing at me now, but I'm baring my soul as an advanced senior citizen who has a harder time understanding technology than those younger than I.
If I were you, I'd keep up so you don't end up as a dinosaur or petrified wood when you reach 75+! 😆
Mary

Mary Clark
Director of Instrumental Music

--

Post: handb...@googlegroups.com

Subscribe: handbell-l...@googlegroups.com

Digest: e-mail mdp...@gmail.com with subject line "Digest-L"

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Handbell-l" group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/handbell-l/8D893446-B26B-48FC-937A-4A0ECD53CC2E%40gmail.com.

Paul Kinney

Nov 29, 2021, 10:02:47 PM11/29/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
Derek,

I’m still back on Finale 2011. At every release I ask this same question and am told the upgrade didn’t make much difference in using Finale to compose for handbells.

However, I’m very aware that when I next upgrade my computer I will have to upgrade Finale (and practically everything else on my computer). I’m at Windows 7 (I was burned by 10), so my next upgrade will be to 11 – after it has been in the field for a long time.

Paul Kinney

long...@aol.com

Nov 29, 2021, 10:25:21 PM11/29/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com
I only upgrade when I absolutely have to - like when a new computer wouldn't run the former program.  While I know upgrades are great and do all kinds of new things, I like knowing what I'm doing and where things are, so just stay in my rut as long as I can.

Kath Wissinger