Bell Tree Composition Contest Resumes

bfbfb...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2021, 12:04:02 AM6/11/21
to handb...@googlegroups.com

Announcing the Bell Tree with Handbell Choir Composition Contest

(This contest was delayed by the pandemic and is resuming now.)

The bell tree ringers from Into the Forest are sponsoring a composition contest for bell tree with handbell choir music.  The new deadline is August 31, 2021.  Prize is $2000.

The bell tree community is seeking music to help move bell trees from the periphery into the mainstream by seeing more bell trees playing with handbell choirs in concerts, church services, and other venues.  We are defining the mainstream as handbell choirs who play level 2+ to 3 music and have 3 to 5 octaves of bells and probably chimes.  We are seeking more music for this range.

Composers and arrangers who submitted compositions prior will be incorporated into this contest.

See the following attachment for more information.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UX9_ajCB9IJ_YfgTsZHEXJ91i9Yu1QBP