HAND Board Meeting Tues May 19 @ 7PM @ Somewhere in the Cloud

Christopher Eykamp

May 15, 2020, 4:04:07 AM5/15/20
to HAND Announce
Hi all,

This is an announcement for the May HAND Board Meeting, Tuesday May 19 @
7PM via everyone's favorite tech disaster: Zoom!  As with last month,
this will be a Zoom call (details at bottom), and will likely be shorter
than usual (though the agenda is starting to look longish).  No
promises, I'll do what I can.  We finished early last month.

We will be discussing the following items:

==> Introductions [5 mins]

==> We're not having our elections in May (we've informally agreed to
defer to July, would like to formalize that decision. What does that
mean for board member's whose terms have expired, and for new members,
etc.?  Mostly informational, we covered most of this last moth, but I
want to make sure everyone's on the same page and I would like a vote to
make things official.)  [10 mins]

==> Hawthorne Blvd (originally scheduled for March; a brief update on
the 2021 (?) repaving project and let's see if we can find some
consensus around outcomes HAND would like to see) Ideally, we'll have
enough to build on previous HAND positions and be able to send PBOT a
letter. [30 mins]

==> Slow Streets Initiative (PBOT's plan for closing certain streets to
non-local vehicular traffic.  Three proposed locations in HAND -- 12th &
Ladd, 21st & Clinton, and 26th & Clinton.  This is intended to be
primarily informational, as PBOT is not asking for input.  But we can
still provide some if we want.) [20 min]

==> Updates on St Philip Neri affordable housing project (Council held a
hearing on Catholic Charities request to change the zoning of St Philip
Neri to permit residential uses, as part of a plan to build affordable
housing on the site.)  Ideally, I'd like to craft some sort of position
on the matter so we can more constructively participate in the
conversation. [30 mins]

==> Consent Agenda (approval of treasurer's reports from March, April,
and May) [3 mins]

==> Finally, I would like to have some discussion of how we can make
Zoom work better for us [10 mins]

Attendance was light at our April meeting; please consider joining us on
Tuesday. Meeting will be hosted by Muz from SEUL again.  Use the link
below, or dial one of the phone numbers and enter the meeting ID

==========

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81309294770

Dial in:
1 346-248-7799     or 1-669-900-9128
Meeting ID: 813 0929 4770

One tap mobile
+13462487799,,81309294770# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,81309294770# US (San Jose)

If you need assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Please stay well, and keep an eye out for your neighbors!

Chris Eykamp
HAND Chair

Christopher Eykamp

May 19, 2020, 1:19:35 PM5/19/20
to HAND Announce
Just a reminder that the HAND Board meeting is tonight at 7PM no zoom. Details are at the bottom of this message.

Chris

===