HamXposition June Update!

Bob, K1IW

Jun 27, 2021, 11:32:52 PM6/27/21
to Northeast HamXposition (formerly Boxboro!)

Things are still coming along - check out our website for details of the latest developments.

 Here's a quick summary;

 (1) We are now accepting sign-ups for convention volunteers.  We need people to help with running the Flea Market, Ticketing, Parking, and Forums.  Volunteers who sign up for at least one two-hour shift will receive free admission.  Signup on our website by clicking "Volunteer" at the top of the home page https://hamxposition.org

 (2) If you would like to be a forum speaker we still have slots available! Sign up on our website by clicking "Speaker Signup" at the top of the home page https://hamxposition.org

 (3) We are proud to announce that the 2021 Grand Banquet Speaker will be Dr. Philip J. Erickson, W1PJE.

Dr. Erickson is head of the Atmospheric and Geospace Sciences group, a Principal Research Scientist, and an associate director at Haystack Observatory, a multidisciplinary radio observatory operated by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).  A licensed radio amateur, he is a member of ARRL, RSGB, and TAPR, vice president of the Nashoba Valley Amateur Radio Club. Phil will inform the banquet attendees about HamSCI's latest ionospheric science investigations in his group at Haystack, which brings the international and national aspects of amateur ionospheric science into the New England realm.

 (4) Bill Poulin, WZ1L, will be continue Cape Ann Radio Association's tradition of running a Tech-In-A-Day course at the convention.  Registration details will be available soon on our website.

 (5) Online ticketing will be available in early August.  Announcements will be sent out on this list as well as on the website: https://hamxposition.org.

73,

Bob - K1IW