Building hamster_db with berkeley_db support: FAIL

Javier Picorel

Jul 7, 2014, 9:27:50 AM7/7/14
to hamsterdb-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'm trying to build hamster_db (2.1.7) with berkeley_db (6.0.30). I verified that the configure file checks and finds -ldb and db.h.
Unfortunately, when I run ham_bench with "--use-berkeleydb", the program shows the following error message:

[FAIL] I was built without support for berkeleydb

I use the following command to run configure "./configure --with-berkeleydb"

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Javier

Christoph Rupp

Jul 7, 2014, 9:39:52 AM7/7/14
to hamsterdb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Javier,

your invocation of "./configure" is correct. Can you check if the file tools/ham_bench/berkeleydb.cc was compiled with the HAM_WITH_BERKELEYDB macro? You can either look into tools/ham_bench/Makefile, or run "cd tools/ham_bench && make V=1" and check the compiler output for that macro. If it is not defined then the functionality in berkeleydb.cc will not be included.

The config.log file should also have additional information.

BTW - just earlier today i discovered a bug in ham_bench. When using "--use-remote", but remote functionality was disabled at compile time, then the wrong error message "I was built without support for berkeleydb" message was printed. But I assume you did not use the --use-remote switch?

Best regards
Christoph

Javier Picorel

Jul 7, 2014, 11:26:07 AM7/7/14
to hamsterdb-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christoph,

Yeah, for some reason make didn't define the HAM_WITH_BERKELEYDB variable. I manually did it in berkeleydb.h, berkeleydb.cc, and main.cc. It works now. Thank you very much!!

Regards,
Javier
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hamsterdb-development+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Christoph Rupp

Jul 7, 2014, 2:16:27 PM7/7/14
to hamsterdb-...@googlegroups.com
OK, great!

If you have any problems/questions or feedback please don't hesitate to send a mail. Also, 2.1.8 will be out in a week or so. The code is already stable, see https://github.com/cruppstahl/hamsterdb/tree/topic/next.

best regards
Christoph