Harm Reduction Addiction Treatment on the Evening News in Iceland!

Andrew Tatarsky

Aug 29, 2023, 2:34:57 PM8/29/23
Harm Reduction Addiction Treatment on the Evening News in Iceland!

Dear Colleagues,

At our lunch break yesterday on Day One of our Three Day Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy Essentials Training, I was interviewed for the eventing news about harm reduction treatment!

We emphasized harm reduction treatment as improving the treatment of people who struggle with drugs across the continuum of care including traditional abstinence-based treatment.

Day One of the training was a town hall meeting with 80 people from addiction and mental health treatment, child protective services, Safety First housing, Reykjavik and federal government and the private sector who came together to explore the needs of people who struggle with drugs, the clinical and theoretical rationale for harm reduction and the range of harm reduction services including what a harm reduction informed treatment system might look like. The response was enthusiastic!

We set the stage for a broad network of support for harm reduction treatment across Iceland!

Here's the article and video of the interview.

Join the global harm reduction movement and be part of the solution!

Andrew

dee-dee stout

Aug 29, 2023, 2:37:28 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic Andy!!! Enjoy your time in Iceland as I understand from my son (he has old friends there) that’s it’s gorgeous.

Cheers!
DD

Dee-Dee Stout, MA
Member of MINT
Adjunct Faculty, Holy Names University
Owner/Director, Dee-Dee Stout Consulting
Author, Coming to Harm Reduction Kicking & Screaming
Treat people as if they are who they can be and you help them become who they're capable of being.   ....Goethe

Andrew Tatarsky

Aug 29, 2023, 2:53:04 PM8/29/23
Dear Colleagues,

At our lunch break yesterday on Day One of our Three Day Integrative Harm Reduction Psychotherapy Essentials Training, I was interviewed for the evening news about harm reduction treatment!

We discussed the value of incorporating a harm reduction framework for improving the treatment of people who struggle with drugs across the continuum of care including traditional abstinence-based treatment.

Day One of the training was a town hall meeting with 80 people from addiction and mental health treatment, child protective services, Safety First housing, Reykjavik and federal government and the private sector who came together to explore the needs of people who struggle with drugs, the clinical and theoretical rationale for harm reduction and the range of harm reduction services including what a harm reduction informed treatment system might look like. The response was enthusiastic!

We set the stage for a broad network of support for harm reduction treatment across Iceland!

Here's the article and video of the interview.

Join the global harm reduction movement and be part of the solution!

Andrew

Andrew Tatarsky,  Ph.D
14 East 4th Street, Suite 402

Kenneth Anderson

Aug 29, 2023, 3:08:18 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Cool!

Neal Catlett

Aug 29, 2023, 3:09:49 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Tatarsky

Aug 29, 2023, 5:33:43 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
You too, Neal!

Andrew Tatarsky,  Ph.D., Founder and Director

Andrew Tatarsky

Aug 29, 2023, 5:33:56 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
:)

Andrew Tatarsky,  Ph.D., Founder and Director

Adi Jaffe, Ph.D.

Aug 29, 2023, 5:59:21 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com
This is so great to hear about Andrew! Thank you for sharing it with us!!

Sincerely,
Adi

ADI JAFFE, PHD

CEO, FOUNDER | INVESTOR

IGNTD

Facebook | Instagram Twitter Linkedin

As Seen On:

--
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole  use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Andrew Tatarsky

Aug 29, 2023, 6:05:19 PM8/29/23
to ham...@googlegroups.com