need referral

April Smith

Feb 13, 2024, 3:42:11 PMFeb 13
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi Friends,

Can anyone give me some ideas for a friend who needs to go inpatient psych for CPTSD/OSDD ASAP?  She's safe, been evaluated by a hospital, substance not a problem really and definitely no substances now.  Just very very bad symptoms occasioned by recent retraumatizing events.

She has good insurance and can travel to go where she needs to go.  40 year old woman.

Thank you for any help!
April

--

April Wilson Smith, MPH

stein...@sbcglobal.net

Feb 13, 2024, 4:42:28 PMFeb 13
to ham...@googlegroups.com

April,

If she can afford it and can travel I believe that the very best is:

the Center for Motivation and Change

led by Jeff Foote, the author of

Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change (A Guide for Families) by Jeffrey Foote, Carrie Wilkens & Nicole Kosanke, with Stephanie Higgs.

Henry

Henry Steinberger, Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist, Master Addiction Counselor (he, him, his)

Henry Steinberger PhD LLC; PO Box 5183; Madison WI 53705

Phone: (608) 692-0337 (cell)

New fax: (608) 352-8836

Web site at: http://Therapists.PsychologyToday.com/rms/35652

Of interest items at: http://www.facebook.com/HS.PhD.LLC?ref=hl

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments , is intended for the use of the recipient (s) and may contain privileged and confidential information, including information that is protected under the HIPAA privacy rules. Any unauthorized review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Due to the nature of my practice, I am unable to effectively or appropriately provide urgent crisis intervention services. If you are currently experiencing a mental health crisis, please dial 988, or go to your nearest emergency room.

April Smith

Feb 13, 2024, 4:43:40 PMFeb 13
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks but it's not a substance use issue, it's severe trauma.  I don't think they do that.