The Seven Challenges

Robert Schwebel

Mar 19, 2024, 3:22:09 PMMar 19
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Just wanted to let you all know. For many years we’ve made Seven Challenges® materials only available to community agencies fully trained and licensed to use the program. We’ve had many requests to order materials – primarily the journals – for both the adolescent and adult programs, including from people on this listserv. So, we finally decided to make some of the materials available to independent practitioners with only a required four-hour webinar.  Those who attend can purchase materials and use them but can’t claim to be doing The Seven Challenges program. If you want information about this, go to https://www.sevenchallenges.com/independent-practitioner/  or contact Taylar Kregness at tkre...@sevenchallenges.com.

Robert

Robert Schwebel, Ph.D.

Psychologist

Author and Program Developer

The Seven Challenges

(520) 271-6560

www.robertschwebel.com

www.sevenchallenges.com

dee-dee stout consulting

Mar 19, 2024, 4:06:18 PMMar 19
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Robert!! This will be helpful to many!

 Cheers!
DD
Dee-Dee Stout, MA
Adjunct Associate Professor, St. Mary's College (Moraga, CA)
Member of MINT l Member of CAHRT (CA Assn of Harm Reduction  Therapists)
Owner/Director, Dee-Dee Stout Consulting
Coaching l Training l Counseling l Consulting in Harm Reduction & other Non-Traditional Strategies in Addiction Treatment for Individuals & Families
Author, Coming to Harm Reduction Kicking & Screaming:  Looking for Harm Reduction in a 12-Step World (2nd edition coming in early 2024!)
Emeryville.CA
510.919.9678

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed that isn't faced...James Baldwin

Adi Jaffe, Ph.D.

Mar 19, 2024, 8:50:47 PMMar 19
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this robert. Do you have any practitioners trained In this methodology with youth (teens)?

Sincerely,
Adi

ADI JAFFE, PHD

CEO, FOUNDER | INVESTOR

IGNTD

Facebook | Instagram Twitter Linkedin

As Seen On:

--
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole  use of the intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Robert Schwebel

Mar 20, 2024, 9:03:56 PMMar 20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, DD. You are always so supportive.
Robert

Robert Schwebel, Ph.D.

Psychologist

Author and Program Developer

The Seven Challenges

(520) 271-6560

www.robertschwebel.com

www.sevenchallenges.com

Mar 22, 2024, 4:18:14 PMMar 22
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Hi Adi,

Thanks for your interest in this. I have a bit of a long answer. You know I started The Seven Challenges as a program for adolescents in 1991 and only in the last seven or eight years adapted it for adults. Because we have supported choice and self-determination and the world has wanted “drug free youth now,” we stayed under the radar and didn’t want to release materials to people who (1) wouldn’t necessarily use them in the spirt of empowerment and (2) wouldn’t support young people in making their own decisions about their lives, including their drug use. We required a three-day training, support calls, and site visits. We monitored everything closely. Now that there is more openness to alternatives to abstinence, we have decided to change with the times and be more accommodating. That’s why we are now making materials available without the extensive training, follow up, and monitoring. So, in answer to your question: There are hundreds of organizations using the program with adolescents. In terms of private practitioners with our four-hour limited training, we are just beginning. There are just a few. As more get trained, we’ll be able to refer young people to these practitioners when we get calls looking for help. We also see these practitioners as a valuable referral resource for young people in communities after they leave residential based counseling.