Bi-Weekly HamSCI Telecon This Thursday

Dev Joshi

Feb 16, 2021, 12:32:08 PM2/16/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com, TangerineSDR Listserv
Hi HamSCI,

This week is our bi-weekly HamSCI telecon on Thursday, Feb 04th at 2000z / 3 PM Eastern.

Here is the link: https://scranton.zoom.us/j/286316405?pwd=QWdwMlFPbDlYeXg5ZDg1dmYzeFdCUT09

If you are asked for a password, it is “hamsci”.

Dr. Leif Svalgaard,  will give us an update on his recent results from solar cycle studies.

Best,
Dev

Talk Title: How to Predict Solar Cycle 25

Talk Summary: Observations of the Sun are vital in monitoring and predicting radio communications for amateurs and professionals alike. Conversely, centuries-long monitoring of variations of the Earth's magnetic field can be used to determine long-term variations of solar activity. The ability to predict future solar activity is important for HF communications. The talk describes how we predict solar cycles.

Brief Bio: Leif Svalgaard has studied solar physics for over half a century, and is a co-discoverer of the Svalgaard-Mansurov effect which provides convincing evidence that the Earth’s magnetosphere is permanently open to the solar wind. He joined Stanford University in 1972. During 1980-2000 Svalgaard was in private industry, including serving as consultant to SHAPE. In 2009 Leif returned to Stanford University. His latest research is on reconstruction of the historical sunspot number series and on prediction of solar cycles

Dev Joshi, Ph.D., KC3PVE
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Department of Physics and Engineering
The University of Scranton
C: 617 775 9712

Dev Joshi

Feb 17, 2021, 12:17:34 PM2/17/21
to TangerineSDR Listserv, ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi HamSCI,

This week is our bi-weekly HamSCI telecon on Thursday, Feb 18th at 2000z / 3 PM Eastern.
PS : I am resending it as the previous email had an incorrect date.

Khan Tran

Feb 17, 2021, 1:18:54 PM2/17/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dev,

Will there be a recording? I have class at that time.

73 Khan KE8QWB

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
---