HamSCI @ 2021 Fall AGU Meeting

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 13, 2021, 8:45:16 AM12/13/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi, HamSCI!

Greetings from the Fall American Geophysical Union Meeting in New Orleans! The AGU Fall meeting is one of the largest professional geoscience meetings in the world, and consists of about 24,000 attendees. The scientific program includes sessions pertaining to all areas of geophysics, including space weather, the solar wind, auroral activity, the ionosphere, and the neutral atmosphere.

I’m happy to say that we are once again very well represented here at the meeting. I put together a list of presentations by HamSCI members, as well as a few others that talk about ham radio. You can see it here: https://hamsci.org/article/hamsci-agu-2021

Note that this is only a very small selection of presentations that would be of interest to hams. Just search for words like “ionosphere” in the full meeting program: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm21/meetingapp.cgi/Home/0

The meeting is hybrid in-person and virtual this year. So, if you like, you can actually “attend” the meeting from home. If you are an student or teacher, the meeting is inexpensive or free. Unfortunately, it is a bit pricey if you don’t fall in that category. See registration rates here: https://www.agu.org/Fall-Meeting/Pages/Register-Housing/Registration-Rates

I can share a few direct links to some of our posters. Check these out!
73 Nathaniel W2NAF

Louis Lanzerotti

Dec 13, 2021, 10:10:22 AM12/13/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Nathanial for this posting.  As one who does not get to AGU any longer, I enjoyed the opportunity to read all the poster presentations.  Lots of good work on PSWS magnetometers and GRAPE and all the rest.
Thank you, Nathanial!
Lou

Louis J. Lanzerotti
Sent from my iPadPro

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 13, 2021, 10:19:18 AM12/13/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Lou! I’m very glad you enjoyed it.

~Nathaniel