Medium Wave Eclipse receptions from Quebec

Nicholas Hall-Patch

Jun 5, 2024, 1:54:47 AMJun 5
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding a report on medium wave eclipse receptions from Sylvain Naud, posted to the IRCA group.   Sylvain's graphical representation of his DX is well done.   He said that  " it felt like doing FMDX during an Eskip event; short and strong at times (and peaking around 15:30 local)."

73
Nick
VE7DXR

"At last, here's the final report for the last April 8th solar eclipse in a form of a dynamic map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1RLpMED1VBXs3a-uGeDbuP1Qcj3jyYik&usp=sharing

Here in Portneuf, QC, we had 98.44% of total darkness. Interestingly, the farthest distance registered was at 1734km / 1077mi with WSDZ 1260, Belleville IL at 15:33 EDT:

https://www.quebecdx.com/mp3/wsdz_1260_20240408_1933.mp3

In the coming weeks, I will dedicate a complete page on my website that will also include many related audio clips. I'll keep you posted when ready."