Pi does not recognize Bodner GPSDO

Todd Christell

Aug 14, 2021, 10:35:35 PMAug 14
to HamSCI
Greetings:

I'm working on the configuration of the PSWS. I got to the point where I connected the Bodner and checking the status I get:

pi@PSWSGrape1:/home/pi/lbgpsdo$ ./gpsdo-status ?
--- Device Found  (id 1dd2:2210)

  Manufacturer:  Leo Bodnar Electronics
  Product:       GPS Reference Clock
  Serial number: DA39B7A546
  Firmware:      1.16
unable to open device

So it seems to find it (it is also in /dev) but can't open it. Is there something different about the two port Bodner that I have?

Also, the configuration guide seems to stop at that point and I haven't located the rest of it although I am continuing to search.

Thanks for any help,

Todd
AD0RR

Mark Phillips

Aug 14, 2021, 10:39:52 PMAug 14
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Are you a member of the dialout group or any group that has rights to the device? This is a can failing on RPi serial devices (including USB).

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
---

Todd Christell

Aug 14, 2021, 10:54:00 PMAug 14
to HamSCI

Enic (?)

Thank you for the reply. I found another version of the configuration that was complete although I'm not sure where I read the first version. My GPSDO is hidraw0 and is recognized.

I appreciate your response,

73

Todd
AD0RR