SWPC WAM-IPE Model

James Secan

Aug 22, 2021, 7:36:09 PM8/22/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
If anyone is interested, I’ve set up a limited comparison of the NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center’s new ionosphere prediction model (Whole Atmosphere Model - Ionosphere Plasmasphere Electrodynamics, or WAM-IPE) at https://spawx.nwra.com/spawx/tec/wam-ipe/. The two plots show a comparison of the next-day WAM-IPE prediction for foF2 (top panel, for Wallops Island, VA) and TEC (bottom panel, for Seattle, WA) with observations and results from other models. This is updated once a day. I’m not generating or keeping any statistics, just providing the SWPC folks with an small independent window on WAM-IPE performance.

Jim
3222 NE 89th St
Seattle, WA 98115
(206) 430-0109

rasteenb

Aug 23, 2021, 9:34:16 PM8/23/21
to HamSCI
Thank you for the heads-up, Jim.  This will be useful for forecasters as well.
73,
Rob AD0IU