HamScience Zoom Telecon, Today, 20 June, 2000 UTC

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Jun 20, 2024, 7:38:15 AMJun 20
to HamSCI
Greetings All - Today we'll be holding our weekly HamScience Zoom telecon:  Thursday, June 20 at 2000 UTC, or 4PM ET.

Our meeting schedule has been a bit sporadic, with vacations, conferences, an upcoming holiday in the US (July 4th), and now, Field Day weekend in the US and Canada.  Nonetheless, let's see who we can pull together for the meeting/recording.

Agenda topics:

1)  Dr. West sends along a new document 'How to Analyze Eclipse Data from the PSWS', attached below.

2)  Do we have any reports from attendees of the recent conferences, Living with a Star and CEDAR?  Both should have been chock full of discussions, posts and presentations of interest to our group.

Future topic:  It is the season for sporadic E propagation.  There is interest in  pulling together some resources (and better yet, a speaker) on that topic for later this summer.  We have at least one good candidate in the HamSCI community (Joe Dzekevich, K1YOW) - are there more?

Recall that the main purpose for this telecon is to cover the science aspects of HamSCI's activities.  Comments, questions, planning related to the science aspects of any of the HamSCI's many projects are welcome.  We can easily add things to the agenda - a call for agenda items will be the first topic every week.

New attendees are always welcome

Link and Call in info below.

73 de Gary, AF8A

https://scranton.zoom.us/j/286316405?pwd=QWdwMlFPbDlYeXg5ZDg1dmYzeFdCUT09

Meeting ID: 286 316 405

Passcode: hamsci

Dial in:

  +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

   +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

   +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

   +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

HowToAnalyzeEclipse.docx

Gary Hogsten

Jun 20, 2024, 8:44:57 AMJun 20
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I will not be able to attend today’s Telecon. Our club is meeting this afternoon reference Field Day, discussing the heat forecasts, and obtaining open tents/cooling stations. Our regular FD is held at Lake Reba Park in Richmond, KY. We setup our stations in Camp Catalpa Parkside.

Tell all who attends hello from a hot Kentucky 😂

Gary Hogsten, AB4GH

On Jun 20, 2024, at 7:38 AM, Gary Mikitin, AF8A <gmikit...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.