is it possible to recerive the NOVAA18-SAT signal using yard stick one,please help me with this problem

MITHUNVIMALAN SA

May 16, 2024, 8:14:41 AMMay 16
to HamSCI
It's been a week since I've been trying to receive satellite images from NOAAA18 or 19. I have a 1 GHz antenna and I'm attempting to connect it to a Yardstick One and SDR software. However, I'm encountering an issue where the SDR interface isn't showing the option for plugging in. I've searched on YouTube , but haven't found any solutions. I reached out to ChatGPT for help, as it's my go-to teacher, and it provided some guidance. However, despite following the steps, I'm still facing the same problem. Can anyone please assist me with this?

please help me with this
please guys

Johnson Francis

May 16, 2024, 9:38:55 PMMay 16
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Did you check with the LEO Satellite Operator group in VU land? There are a few in that group who used to post weather satellite images. One of them I can remember is VU3XFQ, if I remember correctly.

de Jon, VU2JO

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
---

David Eckhardt

May 16, 2024, 9:39:16 PMMay 16
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Several years ago I used to regularly capture and decode the NOAA WX data rebroadcast on 137 MHz.  I didn't need any fancy antenna but used a simple dipole.  While there were on certain passes some minor dropouts, but never completely, it was pretty solid.  One item I found key which a number of receivers do not provide is the required bandwidth.  From memory 15 kHz is the absolute minimum.  Even that may introduce clipping in the recovered image.  50 kHz BW offers much clearer decodes of the data, but, of course, lower [S+N] / N.  Nor did I require an antenna located preamp.  The signal was strong enough with the dipole at the end of roughly 75-feet of RG-8 coaxial cable.  I used WXtoImg on the PC for decode.

1)  First confirm you have good [S+N] / N ratio.
2)  Confirm the link to the PC is good with adequate audio.
3)  Then attack the decode on the PC.

My biggest problem was the required bandwidth.

Dave - WØLEV

--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.
---

Dave - WØLEV

Jeff Kelly

May 17, 2024, 7:50:23 AMMay 17
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Take a look at SatDump https://www.satdump.org/
This is the latest satellite receiving software that handles most every satellite that is imaging.
I believe it supports HackRF so perhaps it would work with Yardstick One. (not sure)
You might ask them for support.

I'd like to make a suggestion.
There are many RPI distros built today to automatically receive both APT and Meteor using an inexpensive RTLSDR.
You need a Pi (4 or 5), an rtlsdr and either a 137 turnstyle, QFH, or even an inexpensive V Dipole (to get started). Preamps help.
The rtlsdr handles the wider bandwidth needed.
It's all built ready to go. Just need to burn it to a microSD, enter your location and what sats you want to receive.
There are other distros as well under the RaspiNOAA naming convention.

Here is my site that uses this distro:

If you go this route - I would be happy to help you configure things.

Jeff