New HamSCI Board Member - Kristina Collins, KD8OXT

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

Dec 3, 2021, 9:23:55 AM12/3/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Hi HamSCI Community,

I would like to thank everyone again for all of their efforts and participation in this program! I am grateful to have such a vibrant community of people working on these projects. There is a lot going on, between the Personal Space Weather Station, the Festival of Frequency Measurements, the new HamSCI Contest teams, recent NASA Citizen Science Funding, the HamSCI Workshop (upcoming March 18-19, 2022), and more. This has all grown very organically, and I am looking forward to the future.

While HamSCI is a very organic group, we do have an advisory board to help with making important decisions, keep things on track, and help steer HamSCI to the future. This group consists of people who have long time experience as amateur radio operators, scientists, and engineers. Recently we have decided to invite another person to the board who has been extremely instrumental in designing and coordinating HamSCI activities. She is yet another talented amateur, engineer, and scientist who will bring great energy, perspective, and expertise to the group. With that said, I would like to welcome Ms. Kristina Collins, KD8OXT, a PhD candidate at Case Western Reserve University to the board.

In addition to Kristina, current board members include Dr. Phil Erickson W1PJE, Dr. Ethan Miller K8GU, Mr. William Liles NQ6Z, Mr. Ward Silver, N0AX, and myself.

VY 73 Nathaniel W2NAF

----------
Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering
University of Scranton
(570) 941-7003

George Byrkit

Dec 3, 2021, 11:13:02 AM12/3/21
to ham...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Kristina! Well earned for all her long-term, continuing, on-going efforts for HamSCI. I've seen her dedication first-hand, at least at the HamSCI conference at Case Western, the DCC in the Detroit area, and at Hamvention. Plus her publications, presentations, and work on this forum.

73,
George K9TRV
--
Please follow the HamSCI Community Participation Guidelines at http://hamsci.org/hamsci-community-participation-guidelines.