Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 08-16-2021
1. Jonathan found a ready-made soundcard for RaspberryPi based on the CS4727 codec chip. This is a fairly good audio chip for a VLF receiver. He also provided a link to the VLF group at
2. Dave made significant improvements to his runmag software to improve the display resolution 100x and simplify parameter setting.
3. Tom continued struggling with multiple MAX10 FPGA license issues:
* Tri-Mode-Ethernet MAC
* NIOS II/f (the higher-performance variant)
* ClockLock (incremental place & route)
It's not clear which or if most of the Intellectual Properties (IP) licenses come with Intel/Altera licensed tools or if a significant number of separately negotiated incremental licenses would be needed.
4. Continued discussion on FPGA development licenses. The Arria parts (for 10GE phase 2) also need licensed tools. The same questions arise with Arria as with MAX10 above. A networked seat license or two might be a solution provided enough IP
-- Tom, N5EG