Remembering Dr. Jennifer Gannon

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D.

May 12, 2024, 2:46:40 PMMay 12
to ham...@googlegroups.com

Dear HamSCI,

I just found out this morning from reading these posts that Dr. Jennifer Gannon passed away May 2, 2024. Dr. Gannon was an outstanding young space scientist who many people on this list may remember as the PI of the MagStar ground magnetometer array. The MagStar array was one of the other DASI projects funded (along with our PSWS project) in the last DASI call.

It is really sad and shocking to lose someone like this so quickly. I, along with many of my colleagues, think it is quite fitting to start memorializing this latest Geomagnetic storm as the “Gannon Storm”.

Please join me in extending our heartfelt condolences to Dr. Gannon’s family, friends, and colleagues.

You can read her obituary here: https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/catonsville-md/jennifer-gannon-11799621

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF

Associate Professor

Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering

University of Scranton

HamSCI Lead