HamSCI Grape Plot on SpaceWeather.com

Kristina Collins

Apr 17, 2024, 11:00:10 AMApr 17
to hamsci-grape
Hi all,

We've had lots of media mentions of late, but I was particularly delighted to see a Grape plot land on the front page of www.spaceweather.com today.

Here's the post I uploaded on their photo page a few days ago:
https://spaceweathergallery2.com/indiv_upload.php?upload_id=205561

Their summary on the main page is enthusiastic, though it gets a few details wrong (e.g., suggesting that all the stations shown were on the path of totality, slightly implying that the purpose of the Grape network relates to time dissemination) and gives me a little too much credit. Some of that's on me; in my post I should have specifically expressed my thanks to Bill Blackwell AB1XB for his daily plot I used in the upload, and the New England Grape team and others whose data appear in that plot — allow me to address that omission at least somewhat with an acknowledgment here. (I've also petitioned the webmaster to add those credits to the post.)

As was said in the Tangerine telecon on Monday, it's good to know we've found a way to enjoy eclipses even when it's cloudy out. Thanks as always to all our maintainers, and here's to many more interesting squiggles to come!

73,
-KC