Antenna Change for Grape 1 Station WA9TKK

Mike Bass

Apr 27, 2024, 11:23:21 PMApr 27
to hamsci-grape
I wish to use my AlexLoop magloop for other ham/EMCOMM related projects and made an antenna swap for my Grape 1 receiver yesterday between 01:10 and 01:15 UTC on 4/27.

As a result of the antenna change at the time of the change, the RSSI level dropped on the "barthead" portion of the plot from -50 dBm to -65 dBm and from -21 dBm to -36 dBm on the peak portion of plot on the Grape DRF window on the rPi monitor.  This still seems to be an adequate signal level for this project.

Below are daily plots for WA9TKK for one day prior to the antenna change and for the day of the antenna change.  The amplitude plot shows a huge drop in signal, but this may be to a rolling normalization of the signal level over time.

Please advise me of any adverse issues from this antenna change.  Thanks.

73, Mike Bass WA9TKK
S000053_61_2024-04-27T00-00_DM41mv.png
S000053_61_2024-04-26T00-00_DM41mv.png

Mike Bass

Apr 28, 2024, 9:07:27 PMApr 28
to hamsci-grape
Updated plot with one full day after the antenna change looks better.

73, Mike Bass WA9TKK
S000053_61_2024-04-28T00-00_DM41mv.png