Grape 2 Node 1017 now back on line

Gary Lyons

Apr 11, 2024, 2:40:12 PMApr 11
to hamsci-grape
Storms have passed. The only casualty was the tree branch holding up the original inverted L. I have now replaced it with an inverted Vee.

Do any of you long term users have suggestions for an attic space antenna? I would rather not continue to remove the antenna in future storms and further disrupt the data stream.

Gary AF7T
EM93

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Apr 12, 2024, 12:23:15 PMApr 12
to hamsci-grape
Gary - I have had good results with a pre-amplified receiving loop in my attic:  Attached is a photo of my Chameleon RXL and my eclipse day Grape 1 plot.

73 de Gary, AF8A
2023-05-03 Chameleon RXL Installed_2.jpg
2024-04-08 AF8A Grape1 fldigi plot.png

Gary Lyons

Apr 12, 2024, 4:35:48 PMApr 12
to hamsci-grape
Thanks Gary. I've been looking at that antenna. It appears to be working well for you.
I have about the same vertical space in our attic so it should fit nicely. I have enough horizontal room for a full dipole for 10MHz but at this point I am looking for something more broadband.

Thanks for all your help getting us all herded together for the big event....and whatever is to come.

73 Gary AF7T