NASA Looking for Eclipse Volunteers - in Maine

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Mar 27, 2024, 7:46:19 PMMar 27
to hamsci-eclipse
Hello HamSCI-Eclipse Members - We recently received a request from the NASA Citizen Science team who will be in Houlton, ME, at NASA’s northeastern-most SunSpot event.  (SunSpot events are ~13 locations along the eclipse path where NASA personnel will be gathered to not only view the eclipse, but to interact with the general public and with citizen science volunteers, such as yourselves).  Here goes:

We have a pretty small team from NASA who will be on site, and we’re looking to find a few other folks who might be interested in lending a hand in downtown Houlton or at the airport (they are expecting a significant bump of landings at the local airfield as folks arrive by private plane! Go figure).

I am reaching out to you to see if there any HamSCI folks in the region who are particularly enthusiastic about doing ham radio outreach. If they aren’t already planning to be glued to their radios, I’d love to talk with one or two about joining our effort to get the word out about NASA science projects that anyone can join.

If you are interested, hit the Reply To Author button below, and I'll put you in touch with the NASA Citizen Science Strategist who can provide more details.

73 de Gary, AF8A