SEQP QSO/Spot Video & Mid-Atlantic APS Meeting

Nathaniel A. Frissell

Nov 13, 2017, 8:47:53 PM11/13/17
to ham...@googlegroups.com, hamsci-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, HamSCI.

I’ve been working on the data analysis for the SEQP, and wanted to share some progress. First, here is a video of the QSOs and spots from the SEQP period: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-MCiJJEzU. In the RBN panel, it is possible to see more of the 40 m (blue) midpoints appear as the eclipse goes through.

There is a lot of data in this plot! In a presentation I gave a week ago at the Mid Atlantic American Physics Society Meeting, I made up some scatter plots which show the eclipse effects more clearly than can be seen in the video. You can view slides of this presentation here: http://hamsci.org/publications/hamsci-and-2017-total-solar-eclipse-1

I’m leaving on Thursday to do some work in Antarctica until December 8th. I’m hoping to get on the air from there if I have free time, so look out for KC4/W2NAF!

73,
Nathaniel, W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor