Volunteers Requested for Eclipse Experiment

Magda Moses

Feb 6, 2017, 4:58:03 PM2/6/17
to hamsci-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for registering on the HamSCI site as an interested eclipse observer. We are actively looking for one or two volunteers who are located north of the eclipse line and are interested in contributing to our data by fielding and/or supporting a satellite scintillation receiver during the event.

The sites will need AC power and ideally an internet link. As a first step, we would like to know the location of each interested person during the eclipse, so we can select a suitable location for the site.

If any of you are interested please reply to this email with the latitude and longitude of your location during the eclipse event. We will sort through these and chose a few sites that seem most promising based on the line of sight path from the site to the satellites from which the beacons emanate.

Thanks and 73,
Magda Moses, KM4EGE, and Dr. Greg Earle, W4GDE
Virginia Tech