RBN IQ Recording and SEQP Updates

Nathaniel A. Frissell

Aug 11, 2017, 2:11:40 PM8/11/17
to hamsci-...@googlegroups.com, Sam Rose
Hi, everyone! We are just 10 days away from the Eclipse!

We now have almost 200 stations registered for the SEQP. If you are planning on operating, please pre-register at http://hamsci.org/seqp-prereg. We know that your plans may change on the day of the eclipse. Don’t worry! You will be able to submit final information regarding your station when you submit your log. The SEQP log submission link will be posted at hamsci.org/seqp by eclipse day.

Most of you know about the SEQP, but we are running some other ham radio experiments as well. One is the HF wideband recording experiement, where we ask people to submit SDR IQ recordings of the ham bands taken during the SEQP (hamsci.org/eclipse-wideband). Did you know it is possible to make recordings and act as a RBN receiver simultaneously? Sam KC2LRC has updated our RBN instructions to include this information. This is available for Red Pitaya, QS1R, and Flex 6000. See links under http://hamsci.org/eclipse-get-involved.

See you on the air!

73,
Nathaniel W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D.