Photos Wanted - Operations from the 2017 Eclipse

Gary Mikitin, AF8A

Apr 11, 2023, 7:35:32 PM4/11/23
to hamsci-eclipse

Hello All - This might be a long shot, but does anyone have ‘action photos’ of hams operating or making visual observations during the 2017 eclipse?  Outdoor operations would be best, but I am open to other situations.  Here’s why I ask:

HamSCI volunteers are working on publicity for the events we have planned for the upcoming eclipses.  The goal, of course, is to get as many operators involved as possible.  We are working with the major ham magazines (ARRL publications, CQ), popular websites and podcasts, partners (NASA citizen science) and others, including social media.  Many request photos of past eclipse operations.

If you have one or more photos which you would be willing to share publicly, please let me know.  If used, the photographer would be given credit (to the extent that we can control the content).  The photos should not have been previously published under a copyright.  There’s no guarantee anyone’s photos will be used, but for all those who dig through their phones and hard drives, the effort is sincerely appreciated.

Please ‘Reply to Author’ here on hamsci-eclipse or email me at gmikitinaf8a [at] gmail [dot] com.

73 de Gary, AF8A

HamSCI Amateur Radio Community Coordinator