Preliminary HamSCI Eclipse Results / TAPR DCC / Upcoming HamSCI Workshop

Nathaniel A. Frissell

Sep 18, 2017, 7:42:42 PM9/18/17
to ham...@googlegroups.com, hamsci-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, HamSCI!

A number of HamSCI members were at the TAPR ARRL Digital Communications Conference this past weekend in St. Louis. In addition to meeting with the TAPR members and listening to a number of interesting presentations, we had the opportunity to talk about HamSCI and present some preliminary results from the SEQP and other HamSCI Eclipse Experiments. You can read more about it here: http://hamsci.org/article/first-hamsci-eclipse-results-tapr-arrl-dcc

Also, we are planning on having a HamSCI Workshop at the New Jersey Institute of Technology in Newark, NJ this coming February 23-24, 2018. The focus of this workshop is HamSCI/ham radio eclipse data analysis, as well as developing ideas for how to build a personal space weather station. This workshop aims to bring together professional space scientists with the ham radio community. Registration will be open to the public; more details will be posted within the next few weeks!

73,
Nathaniel W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor