SEQP Solar Eclipse QSO Party Updates

Nathaniel A. Frissell

Jul 13, 2017, 7:28:04 PM7/13/17
to hamsci-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, HamSCI-Eclipse Members!

We have just a little more than a month before the Great American Eclipse! We have been working quite hard to get ready for this, and hope that many of you plan on getting on the air for the upcoming SEQP. Here are a few brief updates about the SEQP:

  • SEQP rules are now finalized. Please see hamsci.org/eclipse. We have done our best to make the SEQP feel like a real ham radio operating event while maximizing scientific usefulness.
  • N1MM+ now has a built-in “ECLIPSE” contest specifically for logging the SEQP. Thanks to Nick NA3m for coding this.
  • SEQP and HamSCI T-Shirts and Mugs are now available. See https://www.redbubble.com/people/HamSCI. Spencer, K2AEM, designed the logos.

Also, we are working with the Frequency Measurement Community and the SDR community to run two additional experiments during the Eclipse. They are:
That all for now…

73,
Nathaniel W2NAF

Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D.