HAMR 2019

Chris Tralie

Jun 26, 2019, 5:48:11 PM6/26/19
to HAMR Discussion
Hi all,
Will HAMR be happening in Delft in November?  I see a little disclaimer about no hackathon on the 2019 ISMIR web site:
but it's not clear if that is about HAMR or something else.
Hopefully this can happen!
Thanks,
Chris Tralie

Colin Raffel

Jun 26, 2019, 6:59:21 PM6/26/19
to Chris Tralie, HAMR Discussion
Hey Chris, I haven't been involved in planning any kind of HAMR. I don't think they're having one, sadly.

--
Up next: HAMR@NEMISIG 2015 at Cornell University
February 1st-2nd, Ithaca, NY

Emily Hopkins

Jul 26, 2019, 2:23:12 PM7/26/19
to HAMR Discussion
Hello,

We are organizing ISMIR 2020 in Montreal. Are there any plans to host HAMR in 2020?

Thanks,
Emily

Colin Raffel

Jul 26, 2019, 2:32:25 PM7/26/19
to Emily Hopkins, HAMR Discussion
You totally should! I don't know of any plans. Let me know if you or anyone else needs help.

--
Up next: HAMR@NEMISIG 2015 at Cornell University
February 1st-2nd, Ithaca, NY
http://jimi.ithaca.edu/nemisig/
---

Dom Dronska

Aug 21, 2019, 11:28:37 AM8/21/19
to HAMR Discussion
Hi Colin (and everyone),

We came to the hack last year (Abbey Road Studios, Red Music Tech incubator, and founded a golden ticket to our Hack at the studios. (Georgia who won the ticket then won the main prize of our hack!)
We would love to come again and see you guys, is it an option?

Thnaks,
Dom

On Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at 5:48:11 PM UTC-4, Chris Tralie wrote:
Hi all,
Will HAMR be happening in Delft in November?  I see a little disclaimer about no hackathon on the 2019 ISMIR web site:
but it's not clear if that is about HAMR or something else.
Hopefully this can happen!
Thanks,
Chris Tralie

--
Up next: HAMR@NEMISIG 2015 at Cornell University
February 1st-2nd, Ithaca, NY
http://jimi.ithaca.edu/nemisig/
---

Jordan Smith

Dec 3, 2019, 1:31:14 PM12/3/19
to HAMR Discussion
Dear HAMR people,

The ISMIR 2020 schedule was recently announced, and HAMR is once again part of it!

One big change to the format has already decided: the hackathon will take place on the weekend *after* the conference instead of before it.

(That means October 16–17, 2020; you can see an outline of the conference schedule here: https://ismir.github.io/ISMIR2020/dates/ .)

Why do this? The idea is that after a spending a week at ISMIR soaking up new ideas and learning about new datasets, toolkits and techniques, HAMR can be an opporunity for people to test them out.

I am the organizer for this event, so feel free to contact me if you have any questions / comments / suggestions about HAMR 2020.

Yours,

Jordan