looking for teammates for melody-extraction project

Georgi Dzhambazov

Oct 12, 2015, 12:38:08 PM10/12/15
to HAMR Discussion

Hi, all
nn HAMR I would like to further hack on

a smart-phone game app that teaches a technique to memorise music intervals.

I am looking for a motivated teammate! If interested write me in advance, please!

---------------------
More info:

The app is in python and runs on heroku server to expose its code to a client.
https://github.com/georgid/intervalTrainer/blob/master/intervalTrainerArrows.png

It has two aspects where MIR algorithms might be plugged in:

  • replacing musical scores with note transcription done in two steps:
  • note segmentation
    •  note segmentation by E. Gomez

  • interval discovery:  discovery of interesting melodic intervals from musical score
        done in https://github.com/georgid/intervalTrainer/blob/master/MelodicMotif.py  with rule-based approach.
        replace with more sophisticated approach based on pattern mining

--

so long, M. Sc. Georgi Dzhambazov

Researcher in Music Technology

Music Technology Group