Getting HAMPI to Output Random Strings

Colin Soleim

Mar 26, 2013, 2:56:03 PM3/26/13
to hampi...@googlegroups.com
I am an undergraduate using HAMPI for a research project that involves generating strings that resemble real life data of different forms. The problem I am currently having is that when I input a set of constraints, HAMPI returns the same string each time and it is in a sense the "most basic" string that satisfies the given constraints.

What I would like to do is have the program output a random string each time I run my program. I am assuming that I will have to modify the source code in order to do this. Does anyone have advice on where to start looking in the source code to change HAMPI in this way? Also, are there other easier ways to make HAMPI perform this task that I am not seeing?

Thank you very much!
Colin Soleim

Adam Kiezun

Mar 27, 2013, 12:14:56 AM3/27/13