[hampi-devel] Make script appears broken (Revision 40)

Gideon Redelinghuys

Mar 3, 2010, 4:55:35 AM3/3/10
to hampi-devel
Hi,

I'm using Hampi for the first time, and to get started I ran "./
configure" in the root directory followed by "make". Unfortunately
"make" stops with an error message:

[exec] ocamlopt -I src -I obj -I zchaff -I /usr/lib/ocaml -i src/
basics.ml > src/basics.mli
[exec] File "src/basics.ml", line 36, characters 13-31:
[exec] Error: Unbound value zchaff_InitManager

It appears that this is in reference to the CFG Analyzer's "src/
basics.ml". I do not know enough of Ocaml to fix this myself.

Anyway around this?

Tim Hinrichs

Mar 3, 2010, 10:05:34 AM3/3/10
to hampi...@googlegroups.com
I ran into this just the other day, but don't remember exactly what
was wrong. I do know that the fix didn't require changing hampi.

Make sure you have ant, the java development kit (for jni.h), and
ocaml installed.
Do a make clean.
Then configure and make.

The make clean was important.

Tim

Gideon Redelinghuys

Mar 3, 2010, 12:41:44 PM3/3/10
to hampi-devel
Thanks,

"make clean" fixed my issue. Although "make verify" breaks at test
"testBoundInference3", but I'm not too worried about that right now.

Adam Kiezun

Mar 3, 2010, 1:12:30 PM3/3/10
to hampi-devel
Gideon,
The tests should all work, so it's a bit strange that it fails for
you. But I'm happy you can at least run it.

./adam