Ask the Enginseer - discuss modeling and painting tips here...

dread pirate

Jun 15, 2009, 4:09:15 PM6/15/09
to Hammer of the Emperor
This topic is for discussing modeling and painting tips.

dread pirate

Jun 17, 2009, 3:09:29 AM6/17/09
to Hammer of the Emperor
Check out the photo tutorial for beginners on how to paint faces that
I posted in pages section. It has some neat painting tips geared
toward beginner painters. In addition to a step by step guide to
painting faces, it has a few tips about priming your models, keeping
your hands steady, and how to make it easier to handle small model
parts.

http://groups.google.com/group/hammer-of-the-emperor/web/photo-tutorial-for-beginners-on-how-to-paint-faces

Manager

Jun 20, 2009, 4:08:33 AM6/20/09
to Hammer of the Emperor
Here's a tip given to me by a GW staffer a while back: Store your
paints upside down to keep them from drying out. Some of my paints
are about five years old and they haven't dried out yet.

On Jun 17, 2:09 am, dread pirate <bloni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Check out the photo tutorial for beginners on how to paint faces that
> I posted in pages section.  It has some neat painting tips geared
> toward beginner painters.  In addition to a step by step guide to
> painting faces, it has a few tips about priming your models, keeping
> your hands steady, and how to make it easier to handle small model
> parts.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/hammer-of-the-emperor/web/photo-tutori...
>
> On Jun 15, 3:09 pm, dread pirate <bloni...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > This topic is for discussing modeling and painting tips.- Hide quoted text -

dread pirate

Jun 20, 2009, 4:09:38 AM6/20/09
to Hammer of the Emperor
Another quick tip: Drop a couple of bb's in your paint pots to act as
an agitator when you shake your paints.

Manager

Jun 20, 2009, 4:37:39 AM6/20/09
to Hammer of the Emperor
Someone over on the Imperial Guard Discussion Board suggested using an
ultra-fine hobby pen to make the black dots when painting the eyes on
your models. I'll have to give this a try.