Horned Grebes, Lake Ontario (Burlington)

Dave Tourchin

Jul 6, 2024, 4:54:15 PMJul 6
to Hamilton Birders
Hey all,

If you're doing some birding along the Lake Ontario shoreline in Burlington, you might want to keep an eye out for a pair of Horned Grebes.

I was kayaking this morning between Burloak Park and Paletta Park and saw them, not too far off shore.  I first saw them when one popped up about 30m in front of me.  I was shocked!  Not the kind of Grebe I was expecting to see this time of year. Nice to see them in their breeding plumage.  I see another e-birder logged them off Sioux Lookout Park farther west last week.

Dave