Upcoming home sale

Peter Scholtens

Jun 1, 2024, 11:53:54 AMJun 1
to Hambirders, HSA Nature Notes
Hello Friends,

We've just purchased a new home (also in the Hamilton area), so we'll be listing our current home in the next few weeks.

The house is a post-war bungalow located near Garth and Fennell, so not too pricey, but it's a great location to access the escarpment trails, and we're within a 10-15 minute drive of RBG and HCA properties.

We've spent lots of time planting native shrubs, trees and a rain garden, and, to our pleasure and surprise, the local fauna has definitely increased in response. Just this week we watched a pair of Carolina wrens interacting on the roof of our gazebo just a few feet from our dining room window.

It's a pretty unique aesthetic, and looks a little wild and bushy at times. We would love to see someone with similar values and interests purchase our home, rather than someone who doesn't appreciate its value and is likely to tear everything out and replace it. We can't think of a better group of people to ask than the people in these groups.

If you're interested in learning more about the exact location, seeing our eBird and iNaturalist observations for our yard and the neighbourhood, and following up when we list towards the end of the month, please let me know by responding privately.

Warm regards,
Peter