Notable passings in the Hamilton Birding Community

Cheryl Edgecombe

Jul 22, 2024, 7:28:45 PM (9 days ago) Jul 22
to Hamilton
With permission of the administrator

It is with heavy heart that I pass on the loss of two people in our Hamilton birding community.

Frank Morley a long time actively involved member of the Hamilton Naturalists Club passed away yesterday. He was passionately involved for many years  with the HNC planning yearly trips to Pelee to camp and also a huge part of organizing all important work parties for the HNC properties. His infectious smile and warmth to welcome anyone at Pelee to come and have a lunch or just pull up a chair for a beverage and a chat will be remembered fondly.

Details are found below

Secondly another member of the HNC community lost his wife to an illness all too soon. Rob Porter lost his wife Dilia on July 18th. Rob has been involved in many activities of the HNC from bird counts to planning outings and to his work with sound recordings at various locations in the HSA.

Details can be found below.

Our hearts and prayers go out to the families of all.

Cheryl

Sent from my iPhone