The Pride Parade is happening in FIVE weeks! March with us (:

Info Email

Jan 10, 2018, 1:14:20 AM1/10/18
to UniQ Waikato, Trevor & Michelle, waikatoqueeryouth, lgbtiq_sta...@list.waikato.ac.nz, Lesbian Social Group LSG, Hare George, Hamilton Pride Alerts

Hello Everyone!

The Pride Parade is happening in five weeks time!

Please RSVP so we can organise transport and everything else (:

Hamilton Pride would like to invite your members to join us walking in the 2018 Auckland Pride Parade.

What’s happening?

This year we will have a walking float. The float will be celebrating the Waikato's GLBTTIQ+ community.
We are inviting all the members of Waikato's various GLBTTIQ+ community groups and their whanau to walk with under the Hamilton Pride banner. We will dress in the Waikato colours and represent the wider regions of New Zealand.

The name of the float is “Hamilton Pride and Friends.” We want to acknowledge the other groups that come up with us, put time into organizing their members and make our float better than ever. But, we also had to stick to the rules and guidelines provided by Auckland Pride around one group per registration. Unfortunately, this means that you won’t be able to bring your own signs and banners. We understand this may be disappointing.

So "Hamilton Pride and Friends" is a compromise that we hope you feel acknowledges the presence of all the other groups that we hope will join us in the celebrations next year.

The Parade is family friendly and we would love for our float to show off the diversity of our community in Hamilton. We would love for more family’s and young people to be involved in the parade this year.

So, what do we need from you?

Please share our event with your members/ upload the event on your own page under events which will make your group a co-host- https://www.facebook.com/events/284335908756622

Can the people in charge of organizing your group please add themselves to our 2018 Auckland Pride Parade - Planning Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1837234219832280

Can you also please let us know how many people from your group intend on coming, and how many of those people will need transport by mid-January.

What can you expect from us?

Hamilton Pride will be organizing a minivan up to the parade for people who need transport. We will also be providing the float marshals and organizing funding in conjunction with Auckland pride.  We will be in touch regularly through the facebook group to let you know what is going on.  At the start of next year, we will have two meetings dedicated to Pride Parade organization and your group will be invited to both.

Where to from here?

Please get back to us registering your interest in marching with us before the end of the year. We don’t need numbers at this stage, just a ‘yes we are keen to advertise this to our members and get involved’ or ‘no thanks’. If you are keen can you also add your group as a co-host and join the organizing group.  If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us through Facebook or email in...@hamiltonpride.co.nz

Thank you,

Rhiannon Bond – Chair of Hamilton Pride Incorporated

--
Hamilton Pride - Together celebrating and supporting the diversity of Hamilton's Rainbow community

For more information about Pride Week, Hamilton Pride Inc and LGBTTI life in Hamilton and the Waikato in general, visit www.hamiltonpride.co.nz or www.facebook.com/HamiltonPrideNZ