Best of 2022

Steve Bedard

Feb 14, 2023, 8:33:44 AM2/14/23
to Halifax Makerspace
Hey everyone,

I might be a little late on this, but I'm interested to see your best projects of 2022. Photos, lessons learned, step by steps... put it all on the table!

Cheers!

Shawn Wilson

Feb 14, 2023, 8:37:22 AM2/14/23
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Also, we are still accepting presenters (and attendees) for Thursday's show and tell in Dartmouth!  :)

--

---

Steve Bedard

Feb 14, 2023, 8:44:08 AM2/14/23
to Halifax Makerspace
I don't mind throwing one of my most used projects up. I made this bed for my son using pine. Lots of mortise and tenon joinery. Not sure if it's the most square piece of work, but it's pretty sturdy and where he's still little, the siderails are only 3 inches off the ground. Using breakdown hardware is also a bonus, as we can easily break it down and move it around the house if needed.

Super tough to get a straight cut on the headboard panel without a track, but once it was in the headboard grooves, the janky edges were nice and hidden. Also, as the wood was cut, and tension was released, some board became a little twisty. Got everything as close to straight as I could.

Anyways, this was a long project, but I had a lot of fun and learned a lot too. Would recommend!

(these files wont insert in the text field. I hope attachments are okay)
Bed Headboard done.webp
Bed Slats.webp
Bed Headboard.webp
Bed done.webp
Bed Joinery.webp

hunter.michael.david

Feb 16, 2023, 1:07:47 PM2/16/23
to halifaxm...@googlegroups.com
Any room for one more presenter tonight?